ZocdocAnswersWhen did I conceive?

Question

When did I conceive?

I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AUG 22 2013 AND IM DUE MAY 7 2013 WHEN DID I CONCIEVE IN JULY OR AUG. COULD THIS PREGNANCY BE FROM SEXUAL INTERCOURSE I HAD AUG 14

Answer

It is often very difficult to find out exactly when you conceived, especially if you had intercourse multiple times in the month prior to when you became pregnant. However, the date can be estimated within a few days. The key piece of information is when you started your previous cycle prior to finding out that you were pregnant. The first day that you had bleeding is day one. Conception typically occurs sometime between date 12 and 16 after that. This is especially true if you have fairly regular periods. I will say that it is more likely that this pregnancy is due to intercourse that you had sometime in the first week of August rather than August 14 just because he would be unusual for you to find out that you are pregnant only seven days after intercourse. However, it is possible. Further information about this issue can be obtained if you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN. Based on your last menstrual period, your doctor can show you a pregnancy wheel which calculates the estimated date of conception. This is usually not an important piece of information except when there is a question of paternity, which would need to be verified by genetic testing after the baby is born. In any case, please discuss this with your OB/GYN.