I have uterine fibrosis and I want to have D&C. I was told it is high risk D&C. Is that correct and why?

I am 7 weeks pregnant I have uterine fibrosis and I want to have D&C. I was told it is high risk D&C ..why?
Thank you for your question. This is a difficult medical situation, and it is not possible to provide an accurate answer to your question without knowing the full details of your medical history. I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a gynecologist to discuss this further. Uterine fibroids are benign tumors with the uterine wall. They are made up of abnormal numbers of smooth muscle cells. Patients with fibroids often experience heavy menstrual periods, prolonged periods, and pelvic pain. Treatment often consists of oral contraceptive, implantable intrauterine devices, or other medications to decrease estrogen and progesterone release. In a dilation and curettage, the cervix is dilated to allow instruments to be inserted. The uterine lining is scraped to remove all fetal tissue. I think it is likely your providers are concerned about this scraping causing significant bleeding from your fibroids. This will depend on the location and size of the fibroids as well as other risk factors, such as medications that increase your bleeding risk or other disorders that increase bleeding risk. I encourage you to raise these concerns with a gynecologist, likely at an academic medical center. These are typically affiliated with medical schools and often have more experience with complex medical cases.