One of my lymph nodes on my neck feels swollen and I have mood swings. What kind of doctor should I go to?

One of my lymph nodes on my neck feels swollen, I have mood swings, I am in a relationship and I have no sexual desire, and I have blurry sight sometimes.
I am sorry to hear that you have a lump in your throat and you are having mood swings, have no sexual desire, and have blurry sight at times. I am happy to give you some of my thoughts about what might be going on, but ultimately I am going to recommend that you make an appointment to be evaluated by an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) physician. They will be able to examine you and take more of a medical history, as well as have access to your medical records which will help them narrow down the differential diagnosis and give you the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan as possible. There are many different possibilities for what could be going on with the little information that you have given me. You mention that you have a lymph node that is swollen in your neck, which is possible as there are many lymph nodes in your neck, but there are many other causes for lumps in your neck. For instance, a thyroid nodule could present as a lump in your neck and if it is an active nodule secreting thyroid hormone, it could affect your mood, and if it is associated with something like graves disease, it could also affect your vision. All the more reason to get evaluated by a physician.

• Dr. John Austin
    Dr. John Austin MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    7200 Wyoming Springs Drive
    Round Rock, TX 78681
  • Dr. Patricia Gilroy
    Dr. Patricia Gilroy MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    2299 9th Ave N
    Saint Petersburg, FL 33713
  • Dr. Bradley Johnson
    Dr. Bradley Johnson DO
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    3366 Oakdale Ave N
    Robbinsdale, MN 55422