I fell onto concrete two weeks ago and now I have severe pain and swelling. Should I be concerned?

Had a TKR done two years ago. what are possible injuries i could austain afyer falling on a knee that qas replaced Fell onto concrete hard two weeks ago now have severe pain and swelling
Thank you for your question, and I am sorry to hear about your injury. In order to provide an accurate diagnosis, I need more information. I would need to know the full details of your primary medical history, including the records involving your knee replacement. I would also need to perform a thorough physical exam, and you may require additional testing such as a knee x-ray. Only after collecting this information would I be able to provide an answer. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to see an orthopedic surgeon. Pain and swelling following trauma to a prosthetic knee joint has many potential causes. You may have suffered a fracture to your native bone either above or below the prosthesis. In some cases, the insertion point of the prosthesis can become separated from the bone due to fracture, and this can cause pain and swelling. This is often diagnosed by an x-ray of the joint. If present, you may require surgery to repair the damage. You may have suffered a primary prosthesis failure, although this is uncommon. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to provide a diagnosis without more information. Again, I strongly encourage you to see an orthopedic surgeon.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons