I just recently found out i had precancerous cells on my cervix due to HPV. What does this mean?

I want to know what this means for my husband will he get penile cancer because of this?
Sorry to hear that you recently found out that you have precancerous cells on your cervix, and are unsure what this means for your husband. I would recommend that he make an appointment with a urologist to discuss the situation and his risk. First of all the human papilloma virus (or HPV) is a sexually transmitted virus that causes abnormalities in the cells that are affected. There are numerous different strains of the virus, and depending on which strains of the virus you are affected with, there can be different sequelae. For instance, some strains of the virus cause genital warts, which don't necessarily increase the risk of developing a cancer. But, as you are well aware, there are strains that lead to abnormal cell growth (or dysplasia) and can ultimately lead to cancer formation. This is the reason behind OB GYN doctors doing 'pap' smears. During a 'pap' small cells are scraped free and can be looked at under the microscope to determine if they are abnormal or not. There is a continuum of abnormal, from normal at one end, progressing through mild, moderate, and severe dysplasia, to carcinoma in situ, all the way to invasive cancer. Pre-cancerous cells could be any of the abnormal ones prior to invasive cancer. Since you have been infected with HPV, then your husband is also exposed, although it doesn't necessarily mean that he will also develop precancerous cells. Again, I would recommend that he make an appointment with a urologist to discuss the situation and his risk. Best of luck.

Other Urologists