In the past hour I have had to peed 8 times. What is wrong with me?

It happens at night usally. And i can never sleep.
Thank you for your question about frequent urination. This certainly sounds like a nuisance and there could be a number of issues at hand. However, it is difficult to say with certainty what could be the cause of your problems without a physical examination and knowledge of you and your medical history. For example, just knowing information such as whether you are male or female, or your age, can change what a doctor might be thinking is causing your symptoms! Therefore, I encourage you to visit your primary care physician who can speak with you in more detail about what might be going on here. That being said, one common cause of night time urination (nocturia) in older males is a condition known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). BPH can cause symptoms such as frequent urination, nocturia, sudden feeling of urgency, and changes to your pattern of urination. Medications can be used to treat BPH. Congestive heart failure is another cause of nocturia. This is a serious condition where the heart is not pumping blood as well as it should. As a result, fluid backs up into the lungs and lead to symptoms such as getting short of breath easily or having particular difficulty breathing when lying flat. Nocturia occurs because lying flat at night causes fluid that normally was in your legs while you were standing to get redistributed throughout the body. Finally, a urinary tract infection (more common in women) can also be a cause for frequent urination, and accompanied by symptoms such as pain with urination, pressure in the lower abdomen, and strange smell to the urine. Please talk to your doctor who can better help you with management of your symptoms.

Other Urologists