I have a sharp pain in my left knee below and above my knee cap, what might this be?

i tried alive and it hasn't helped, same with tylenal and ibuprofen and t=it was the same results, nothing.
I am sorry to hear about your knee pain. In order to determine the cause of your symptoms and make treatment recommendations, I would need more information than you have a provided. A doctor would need to perform a thorough history and physical exam and also review your prior records. In addition, you may need other testing. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. Only only collecting this information will it be possible to proceed. There are many potential causes of knee pain, as the knee is a complex joint. Injury to one of the muscles, such as the quadriceps, can lead to ongoing pain, and this can take quite some time of conservative treatment to fully heal. You may be suffering from tendonitis of either the patellar or quadriceps tendon. Again, they can take several weeks to fully heal. Injury to one of the knee ligaments, such as the ACL, MCL, or PCL can cause knee pain. You may also have suffered an injury to the meniscus, or cartilage lining the joint. In order to determine the cause, you will certainly require a physical exam, and you may also require an x-ray or MRI. I encourage you to see an orthopedic surgeon.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons