What could be causing intense uterine pain?

I woke up at 6 am from a dead sleep with sharp abd intense stabbing pain in my uterus area. i couldn't stand or walk without being hunched over. i went to go use the bathroom and blacked out, my arms and legs were tingling and numb and i was sweating really bad. i still can barely walk and my stomach is super sensitive to touch. I am not pregnant but i did have a baby four months ago. I've never felt anything like it almost felt like my uterus was being ripped out of me. what could be causing this
If you are having such severe pain and fainted in the bathroom, you need to go to the emergency room right away. In terms of what could be causing this pain, it depends on your symptoms and what kind of delivery you had (vaginal vs C-section, and were there any complications). If you have a recent cesarian section I would definitely worry about an abscess or infection related to the recent surgery. Other possibilities related to your recent pregnancy include a retained foreign body (such as an instrument or a sponge), separation of the pubic symphysis (the bones of the pelvis), thrombophlebitis of the ovarian vein, or possibly bleeding into your uterus or abdomen (which may also explain why you fainted). There are also many possibilities not related to your recent pregnancy, which includes ovarian torsion (twisting of the ovary), a ruptured ovarian cyst, or any number of possibilities related to the colon, small intestine, and bladder. Given the degree of pain you're describing I would worry about what we call an 'acute abdomen', which is inflammation of the abdomen usually due to a serious infection or rupture of the bowel. All of these possibilities are serious. Please call for help right away and go to the doctor as soon as you can.

Other Surgeons