Zocdoc Answers

Medical questions & health advice by licensed doctors

"Can you get you get medication to prevent a cross eye being crossed?"

ZocdocAnswersCan you get you get medication to prevent a cross eye being crossed?


Im cross eyed in my right eye and i want to prevent it from being crossed.


That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or another medical professional who can evaluate you and perform a brief history and physical examination to see what can potentially be done about your crossed eye. It is very difficult to give you a specific answer to your question as there was very little information provided with regards to your age, and whether you have any other comorbidities or symptoms related to the crossed eye but here is some general information that might help you when you discuss this with your doctor. How long have you had this condition and has it been getting worse over time or has this been something you have had your whole life.

See a doctor who can help

Find Primary care doctors near you

If it is something new and it is getting worse, your doctor might want to get some imaging studies of your brain as this is not normal to have as you get older. Another thing to think about is how good the vision is in each eye as that may dictate some of the management that your doctor may consider. Regardless, it is important that you are evaluated by a doctor who can decide upon the appropriate treatment for this condition.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.