ZocdocAnswersI am feeling pressure in my stomach at the bottom. What could it be?

Question

I am feeling pressure in my stomach at the bottom. What could it be?

I'm not pregant but it Feel like it

Answer

Thank you for your question regarding abdominal pain or pressure. It is impossible to figure out what might be the source of your discomfort without being examined by a physician and reviewing your medical history. If you have any concern that you may be pregnant, no matter how small, I always recommend that you have a pregnancy test to know for sure. If you have had unprotected sexual intercourse, you can visit your doctor for a urine or blood pregnancy test. There are also discreet home pregnancy tests that you may take. Otherwise, abdominal pain can be caused by many different things and it is important that a doctor see exactly where you are experiencing the pain. If you are feeling pressure in the pelvic area, pain with urination, and increased urinary frequency, these could all be symptoms of a urinary tract infection which is easily treated with antibiotics. More serious causes of abdominal pain can include very severe pain in the right lower part of the abdomen, associated with nausea and vomiting which could be a sign of appendicitis. Sometimes upper abdominal pain can be caused by an ulcer in the stomach or intestines, which can be triggered by types of food or just the act of eating itself. These are just a few of the numerous possibilities. For this reason, I encourage you to visit your primary care physician who can better determine what might be the cause of your discomfort.