ZocdocAnswersI have headache on the left side of my head for three days with chills and forming knots on my body. What is wrong with me?

Question

I have headache on the left side of my head for three days with chills and forming knots on my body. What is wrong with me?

Head ach on lft side of my head I've had moments when I hve the chills and get back hot and I'm starting to see knots on my body

Answer

Sorry to hear about your illness. Headaches can come from a variety of different sources. The most common kind of headache is a migraine. It is usually associated with sensitivity to light, incapacitation, and nausea or vomiting. If you have all three of these symptoms then there is a very good chance that you have a migraine. However, if this is the first time that you have had these symptoms, or if the symptoms are getting worse, it is important to speak with your doctor to be certain that it isn't something more serious causing your headache. Other kinds of headaches include tension headaches which are often described as a "band around the head." Cluster headaches are also common and you usually only feel pain on one side of the head. Some patients describe the feeling as an ice pick sticking in to the eye. They may have a runny nose or nasal congestion as well. As you can see none of these commonly have physical manifestations in the rest of the body. Your symptoms are somewhat unique. Speaking with your doctor will help you to determine what is causing your symptoms. Again, please speak with your doctor.