What is happening to my heart?

I started getting from what I understand are panic attacks a couple of years ago but currently do not have them at all.( I'm not sure if they are linked but currently have no anxiety) The brief sensations are not painful and are not accompanied by anything else like dizziness, trouble breathing but they do happen about 2 - 3 times a day. It almost feel like my heart is resetting or missing a pump but I do not have any hard beats afterwards. I had a EKG done a couple months and the doctor said my heart was fine but of course I didn't have the sensation while they were applying the test. I want to know what this might be . It might be a palpation but my heart never races. Any ideas of what this is and how I could stop it from happening Alex
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms, and I can certainly understand why they may be concerning. I strongly encourage you to raise these concerns at a primary care appointment, as you will require a thorough, in-person evaluation to determine the specific cause of your symptoms. It is possible your symptoms are caused by premature atrial or ventricular beats. These are essentially early heart beats that occur outside your heart's normal conduction system. Patients often experience a sensation of a skipped beat or an extra hard beat. They are typically benign, although they can cause problems for your heart's muscle if they occur extremely frequently. Anxiety, poor sleep, dehydration, caffeine, and alcohol can make these worse. Patients typically do not require treatment, although some require medication to help control these. It is also possible you are experiencing an arrhythmia, or abnormal heart rhythm. Some common examples include atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, and atrial tachycardia. These can pose additional risks, and you may require medications or an interventional procedure to control them. I strongly encourage you to arrange a primary care appointment to discuss these possibilities. A typical evaluation includes a thorough history, physical exam, and EKG. You may require a 24-hour EKG to help capture these events, as well.