Why does my stomach hurt?

The upper part of my stomach is in tremendous pain, using the restroom is no problem, gas isn't a problem, neither is burping. I started to has this pain just yesterday and I can figure out how to make it better. HELP PLEASE
This is a great question. It is very important to make an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss your symptoms and have a full history and physical. Depending on what your doctor finds during your appointment, he or she may order additional testing such as blood work or imaging (ultrasound or CT scan). If your pain is very severe you should not wait to see your primary care doctor but should instead go immediately to your nearest urgent care or emergency room for prompt treatment. Upper abdominal pain can be caused by many things. The first is heartburn. This is usually a burning or gnawing type pain that is worse when lying down. Another possible cause of your pain is a problem with your gallbladder, such as an infection (cholecystitis), or a gallstone. This pain is usually more on the right upper abdomen. Another possibility is that you have a stomach ulcer. This is usually aggravated by drinking coffee and alcohol and eating spicy foods. As there are many potential causes for your pain ranging from benign to very serious, again it is extremely important that you seek medical care as soon as possible to get a correct diagnosis and treatment.

Other Surgeons