Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"My galbladder is slight sludge and mildly enlarged. I am taking capsule Roliflo OD 2 mg. How long the medicine has to be continued?"

ZocdocAnswersMy galbladder is slight sludge and mildly enlarged. I am taking capsule Roliflo OD 2 mg. How long the medicine has to be continued?


Male 71 years old. With the medicine, there is no doubt good improvement. How long the medicine has to be continued.


Thank you for your question and I recommend that you speak with your prescribing physician. Gallbladder sludge is not uncommon, particularly as individuals age. One of the most common gallbladder related complaints is right upper quadrant pain. Intermittent right upper quadrant pain due to temporary obstruction of the gallbladder neck is called biliary colic. This is often due to gallbladder stones that can develop in the setting of biliary sludge. Another common complaint related to the gallbladder is persistent right upper quadrant pain with associated fever that can be due to cholecystitis, or inflammation of the gallbladder. Roliflo OD is a combination pill that combines tolterodine and tamsulosin. This is a drug that was first launched in India. It was designed for use in patients with bladder outlet obstruction with concomitant overactive bladder. Your prescribing physician would know best why he/she prescribed you this medication, the dose you should be on, and for how long you should take the medication in the setting of your history and current symptoms. It is not possible to receive a diagnosis or to receive specific instructions on a personalized medication regimen without seeing a doctor. I recommend that you call your prescribing physician or schedule an appointment to review your medication list in the context of your past medical history and current health to determine the medications you should continue taking.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.