I took 2mg xanax 1 time. How long will it stay in my system?

I have panic attacks, and never take these besides this one time
Xanax, or alprazolam, is an anti-anxiety medication that is in a class of compounds called benzodiazepines. As you know, it can be an effective treatment for a number of anxiety disorders, such as panic disorders. However, it also has a high potential for abuse and/or dependence. In order to address your particular concerns and questions regarding this medication, I recommend that you schedule an appointment to speak with your doctor, so that he or she can address your individual case. Having said that, the average half-life of xanax is approximately 11 hours. This means that half of the medication will have left the body by that time. On the other hand, it is important to note that everyone metabolizes medications differently, so this half-life can range from 6 to 26 hours, depending on the person and the dose and frequency of the use of the medication. Even with a dose of 2mg (which is on the higher side), you should not feel symptoms of the medication much beyond about 12-24 hours. However, this medication can still be detectable in urine studies for many days, as the general rule of thumb is that it takes approximately 7-8 half lives to be undetectable within the body with standard testing techniques. Again, in order to address any of your particular concerns regarding this medication, how it will interact with any other medications you are taking, and what effects it can have on your body, it will be important for you to make an appointment to speak with your doctor.

Other Psychiatrists