What would cause one side of your body to go numb?

I was 49 yrs.old female when this happened now 53.. I also have chronic inflammation On that side. I was in the hospital for 18 days for testing they said they could'nt find anything wrong .
Very sorry to hear about your problem. It certainly sounds like this is a very complex issue as you were hospitalized for an extended amount of time without having a clear resolution. In such situations it is doubtful that I will be able to answer your questions without more information, so it is important to speak with your doctor. There are many different problems that can cause numbness in different parts of your body. Most of these have to do with nerves or the central nervous system. There are different routes to begin coming to an answer. One of the most common ways to begin is with some sort of imaging. An MRI can be especially valuable in some situations where the nerves are having problems. This MRI can be directed at either your brain or the different parts of your body that are numb. In addition to imaging there are special tests that can determine the function of the different nerves. In the proper context any of these tests may be appropriate and help to determine what has caused your symptoms. Given that you have had so much testing done already without a clear answer it may be worth visiting with a doctor at a tertiary care facility. Please speak with your doctor to determine your next step.

Other Neurologists