ZocdocAnswersI am feeling randomly sick with headaches. What could it be?

Question

I am feeling randomly sick with headaches. What could it be?

sometimes I feel sickly or pain or mixture of both has been happening for 4 weeks

Answer

Please speak with your doctor about this question. Persistent headaches are not something that can be ignored, as this could be your body trying to send you a signal that there is something wrong. Often, the history and description of the headache can be quite helpful as you attempt to determine what is the cause of your headaches so that you can know how to get better. If your headaches are associated with certain movements, activities, foods, or other triggers, than this can serve as a clue to you and your doctor to help you feel better. If, on the other hand, your symptoms are somewhat predictable and come on in the same way, then it is also possible to use this information to diagnose the type of headache, which then gets you closer to getting some help with your pain and other symptoms. Migraines are classically associated with light sensitivity, nausea and vomiting, and intractactable and incapacitating pain. People with migraines may have a family history of them, and they may have an aura, or symptoms that routinely come before the headache and let them know it is coming. There are many other potential causes, so please speak with your doctor.