Will the knot on my forehead go away?

We just recently ended football season which was 4 months long. I had a helmet that fits but my head is shaped awkwardly. the pressure from the front of my helmet over those 12 weeks caused a little knot on my forehead. I was wondering from having the helmet tight on my forehead over the course of the whole season will the knot on my forehead eventually go away. Whenever we ended practice the knot would be flat from the helmet pushing it down then it would get a little big again following the hours after i didn't wear the helmet. It is a hard knot but when i take a shower from the hot water it would get soft and you can press it. We are three and a half weeks removed from football season and it improved a little. I think it may be a small hematoma or a bruise from the day to day pressure i put on it. i know the forehead has no fat padding so it kept taking the direct stress. Should i heat it or just leave it alone.
I am sorry to hear that you have developed a small lump on your forehead that has been irritated by wearing your football helmet and you are worried that the repetitive pressure from your helmet may have caused the bump or made it worse. I am happy to give you some of my initial thoughts about what might be going on, but I am ultimately going to recommend that you make an appointment with an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) physician to get evaluated. They will be able to take more of a medical history, and examine you thoroughly which is really what you need to get an accurate diagnosis. You mention that you think you may have had a small hematoma (or blood clot underneath your skin) in this area from the daily pressure. While I don't want to discredit your thought, because it isn't that far off base, I must say that I would find it unlikely to have a hematoma present for 12 weeks. They typically resorb within 2-3 weeks following the initial injury. The bump could have started out as a hematoma, and with repetitive injury the area could have healed with a hyperactive scar (as in a fibroma or a keloid) which could be the persistent bump that you feel. The ENT should be able to tell you if they think that is what might be going on when they examine you.