I am concerned with results of a blood chemistry profile. Are they normal?

I recently underwent a blood chemistry test for insurance. I am surprised at two levels that came back as "elevated". Cholesterol was measured at 206 MG/DL (with accepted range of 140-200). SGPT (Alt) was measured at 56 U/L (with an accepted range of 0-45 U/L). How worried should I be about these results? What can I do to improve my health? I am a 27 year old male, 6 feet tall, weighing 238lbs. Five years ago I was a college football player and in good shape, my lifestyle has turned sedentary over the past 5 years.
It looks like your cholesterol level is slightly elevated. However, probably the more important question is what the levels of your good cholesterol and your bad cholesterol are. Your good cholesterol is the HDL and we would like that to be as high as possible and your bad cholesterol is the LDL and this should be as low as possible. The total cholesterol is a combination of the two and therefore a little bit more difficult to interpret. For that problem, you should probably discuss that with your primary care physician to determine what needs to be done to optimize your cholesterol level. This will help you avoid heart attacks in the future. The ALT level is a different issue altogether. ALT is an enzyme that is released by the liver. This slight elevation indicates that you might have a low level of hepatitis or inflammation of your liver. There are many possible reasons for this, but probably the most common cause is drinking too much alcohol. If you're not a drinker, and the second most common causes probably a fatty liver. This goes along with your sedentary lifestyle and being overweight. The fatty liver can cause very slight elevations in ALT. For this problem, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician as well. He or she may want to order an abdominal ultrasound to get a better look at your liver.