I have no appetite and I have lost more then 30 pounds. What is wrong with me?

Im a female im 24 years old and im 5'3 105 pounds. i feel weak and need help
This is potentially serious and you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. Without knowing any other symptoms it is difficult to even begin to know what's going on, but 30 lb weight-loss is not normal. If you are eating but having a lot of nausea/vomiting or diarrhea, you could have a GI illness including an infection such as giardia, a malabsorptive disorder such as Celiac's, or inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's. If you are eating but just losing weight there are a number of causes including indolent infections (in particular HIV), any kind of undiagnosed cancer (including lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer), liver or kidney disease, or heart disease. If you have an appetite but are losing weight you could have an overactive thyroid or a problem with your pancreas. Finally, weight loss can sometimes go along with having a lot of stresses in life, with feeling depressed, anxious or overwhelmed. It is important that you go talk to a doctor to figure out what is going on and to start to work through this with you no matter what the cause is.

Other Endocrinologists