Do I have a heart condition?

I am a 14 year old male. I constantly have pain on the left side of my chest, which is accompanied with a full ache in the left jaw. I was taken to the ER, where I had an ECG. The results showed that my heart was absolutely fine. However, chest pain, jaw pain, and shortness of breath are still concerning symptoms that I have regularly. It should perhaps be noted that I do suffer from a generalized anxiety disorder, along with some hypochondria. Additionally, currently my left jaw aches and my right shoulder aches very badly as well. No other symptoms are being experienced. The shoulder pain is new, and I'm wondering if this, in confluence with the jaw pain, is indicative of a heart condition. Also, just to let you know, I am 14 years of age, not over weight, do not have high blood pressure or cholesterol, and have very little heart disease in my family. I am wondering what could be plaguing me.
I am sorry to hear about these troubling symptoms. I encourage you to arrange to see a pediatrician. It is not possible to provide an accurate diagnosis without performing a thorough, in-person evaluation. A myocardial infarction, or heart attack, occurs when a cholesterol plaque in your coronary arteries fractures, leading to a blood clot. Patients often experience chest pain that can radiate to their arm or jaw. They often also note shortness of breath, sweatiness, nausea, and vomiting. Risk factors for this include age, male gender, smoking, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. It is very rare for someone your age to suffer a myocardial infarction. However, it can occur in certain genetic conditions and in those suffering from certain autoimmune disorders. I strongly encourage you to discuss this with a pediatrician. The shoulder pain may be a separate issue, especially as it has occurred more recently. Possibilities include a bone fracture, muscle damage, damage to the cartilage lining the shoulder joint, as well as tendon or ligament damage. It is also possible that your anxiety disorder is contributing to your symptoms. However, you will need a thorough history, physical exam, and EKG performed by a pediatrician to evaluate your symptoms.

Nearby Pediatricians

Other Pediatricians