ZocdocAnswersWhat does clammy and low temperature mean?

Question

What does clammy and low temperature mean?

My son is 7 months and this happens when he's a sleep. Should I be worried ?

Answer

That is a great question and one that is best answered by your child's pediatrician as he or she will be best able to evaluate your child with a complete history and physical examination and decide upon whether this is normal or whether there is something concerning that he may need to do more tests to elucidate the cause of this. When you say that your child is clammy with a low temperature, how low is it? If it is low but within normal range, it could be that this is normal for him and that there isn't anything to worry about. Also, if he is able to sleep normally and doesn't appear in distress or uncomfortable, then this is likely normal for him and there is likely nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if this is something that has newly started, and your child is acting fussy or otherwise not like himself, then it is a good idea that you take your child to the pediatrician on an urgent basis as this could be the sign of an infection or other issue that may need urgent work up and treatment for.