I'm having bladder pains. What is wrong with me?

They started today but I just started taking TAMIFLU as well, so I don't know if this is a side effect or something else please help soon
Bladder pains are something that you should have worked up very soon because they could be a sign of infection. The use of Tamiflu is not something that I would think would be associated with bladder pains themselves, and thus this might be an unrelated problem. The first step is for you to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. Your doctor will want to start off by performing a urinalysis which is a very quick tests that can be done in the office to look for signs of infection. If you have a urinary tract infection that is seen on the urinalysis, then a course of antibiotics will likely clear up the bladder pains. In addition, a urine culture will be necessary to make sure that the antibiotic that is given is the right one. If your urinalysis is normal, then other causes of bladder pains will need to be explored. Your doctor will likely want to perform a test for gonorrhea and chlamydia if you are sexually active. If all of these tests come back normal, then your doctor might choose to refer you to a urologist for urodynamics testing and further evaluation to find out why you are having bladder pains. Good luck.

• Dr. Curtis Scott Horn
    Dr. Curtis Scott Horn MD
    6402 N New Braunfels Ave
    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Dr. Ashok Sinha
    Dr. Ashok Sinha DO
    1569 Buford Dr
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024