ZocdocAnswersWhy do I feel pressure in my colon?

Question

Why do I feel pressure in my colon?

Ive felt this for like three months already it comes and goes I feel alot of pressur in my butt hole

Answer

I am sorry to hear about your symptom. In order to provide an accurate answer, a physician would need to review the full details of your medical history and also perform a detailed physical exam. After collecting this information, the doctor can make recommendations on the best course of action. Therefore, I recommend you schedule an appointment with a gastroenterologist. Abdominal pressure has many potential causes. It is possible you are experiencing increased gassiness due to a change in your diet. Patients with lactose intolerance, which can be acquired as an adult, can experience similar symptoms. Celiac disease can also cause abdominal pressure. Inflammatory bowel disease, such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, can cause abdominal pain and bloody stool. You may simply be suffering from constipation, which can cause abdominal pressure. You may be suffering from hemorrhoids or a rectal fissure, both of which could cause anal pressure. Other issues related to your pancreas, liver, appendix, and gall bladder could also all be contributing. You will need to schedule an appointment with a gastroenterologist. After collecting more information, they can help narrow the list of possibilities. You may also need additional tests, such as blood work, a CT scan, or a colonoscopy to evaluate your symptoms.