ZocdocAnswersWhat could be the reason for peeing so many times?

Question

What could be the reason for peeing so many times?

daily 15 times urinals coming.

Answer

Thank you for your question regarding frequent urination. It is difficult to answer your question without more information about your symptoms. I would encourage you to speak with your doctor in more detail, as he or she would be able to help identify a cause. In the meantime, I will review some common reasons for frequent urination in males and females. Sometimes frequent urination can be caused by a urinary tract infection (UTI). Usually, this symptom is accompanied by pain with urination, abdominal fullness or a feeling of pressure in the lower pelvic region, and a cloudy appearance or abnormal smell to the urine. UTIs are more common in females than males, and if you are a male under 50 who has these symptoms, it may be a sign that you have an underlying anatomic abnormality which should be investigated by a physician. Frequent urination can also be a sign of diabetes. Diabetes can present with the three "polys": polyphagia (increased hunger), polydipsia (increased thirst), and polyuria (increased urination). People with diabetes have a problem with high sugar in their blood which pulls water along with it when being excreted into the urine. If you have a family history of diabetes or are experiencing these symptoms, please visit your doctor who can check the amount of glucose in your blood. Finally, frequent urination can be a sign of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This is a condition in middle aged and elderly males where the prostate enlarges and applies pressure on the urethra causing symptoms such as increased urinary frequency, weak urinary stream, and dribbling. These are only a few potential causes for increased urination. I would encourage you to provide more information about your symptoms to a physician who can help identify a cause and treatment for your symptoms.