Are large blood clots during one's period bad?

During my period recently, my body's been creating blood clots of a serious size. Is it possible that I'm doing something that's causing this? Is it unhealthy or is it normal? Should I see a doctor?
Menstrual blood varies in color and consistency throughout your period. However, certain changes such as clotting can indicate a problem and it is very important to see your primary care provider or gynecologist to be evaluated. Many women experience clots occasionally during their periods, usually during the heaviest flow days. Your body releases anticoagulants to prevent clots but sometimes if your period is heavy the anticoagulants don't have time to work and clots are able to form. A small amount of small clots are usually considered normal, but any clots larger than a quarter or excessive clotting is abnormal and needs evaluation by a doctor. There are multiple causes of clots ranging from benign to more serious. Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous growths that can cause increased bleeding and clots. A miscarriage also causes large clots so if there is any chance you are pregnant seek medical attention. Menopause, large changes in weight, endometriosis, and certain medications can also cause large clots. Large clots can also be a symptom of endometrial cancer. Significant blood loss can occur over time leading to anemia which is characterized by fatigue, lightheadedness, and pale skin. I recommend that you see a gynecologist for a workup which will likely include a pelvic exam, vaginal ultrasound and blood work.