How can one increase their energy?

I've heard doctors say that caffeine 'strip mines' your energy. Is there a real, natural way to feel more energetic during the day? I've tried the natural herbs and supplements, and they didn't do a thing.
Good for you to ask for ways to increase your energy in a safe and healthy way. I would agree that caffeine is not the best way to increase your energy. Drinking caffeine can disrupt your sleep cycle, cause your heartbeat to race, and increase urination (thereby causing dehydration, and lower energy). Here are some general principles to increase your energy: 1. Practice good sleep habits. This means lying down at the same time every night, hopefully at a time when you feel sleepy; but if you do not feel sleepy until 1am then I would recommend trying to lie in bed around 10 or 11pm, and try to sleep for 7-8 hours. Minimize sleep disruptions: close your curtains and try to sleep in a quiet room. 2. Exercise. Yes, it is difficult to establish a steady exercise routine, but exercise will certainly help you fall asleep more easily, and will also boost your energy during the day. One warning: do not exercise in the 1 hour before you go to sleep, since initially the exercise will cause you to feel more alert and awake. 3. Avoid illicit drugs and alcohol. You should also talk to your doctor about medical conditions that might be affecting your energy level. Medical problems such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, depression, anemia, and heart disease can cause fatigue.