What causes noses to get swollen?

I'm a teenage girl and I noticed yesterday afternoon that my nose was swollen. This morning it's even worse. What is happening to me? Is this a sign of a deeper problem? At first I thought it might just be a pimple, but it's my whole nose.
This sounds like it is not only uncomfortable but quite distressing. This is the type of problem that could first be evaluated by a primary care physician such as a family doctor or a specialist such as an ear nose and throat doctor. A swollen nose can occur from a few different sources. If you bumped the nose in some way or sustained trauma to it, then it could swell up. A pimple that is deep enough can progress into an abscess. This would make the nose appear swollen, red, and painful. A small nose abscess may require aggressive treatment with open drainage (with a needle) plus antibiotics. Noses can also swell from within due to an allergic reaction to something in the environment such as pollen or dust mites. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician as soon as you can. He or she can get a history of your problem and perform a detailed physical exam of your nose. If it is a simple infection, then treatment may be conservative (hot compress), or aggressive (open drainage with or without antibiotics). If the diagnosis is in question, your doctor may refer you to a specialist.