Is it normal to vomit during one's third trimester?

Is it normal to vomit during one's third trimester of pregnancy? I'm 27 years old and I just entered my seventh month of pregnancy. I didn't have morning sickness earlier ? is it too late for this to be morning sickness? If so, what could be causing this kind of problem?
The third trimester of pregnancy is an important time when the baby is growing rapidly and the mother is vulnerable to a number of medical complications. Therefore prolonged vomiting, or any other concerning symptoms, should be discussed as soon as possible with your OB/GYN or Family Medicine doctor. A common cause of vomiting or stomach upset in the third trimester is compression of the stomach and other organs by the growing uterus. This can cause symptoms of heartburn and nausea which, if severe, can lead to vomiting. Similarly, pregnancy can heighten a pregnant woman's sensitivity to certain foods, especially spicy foods or other foods with strong flavors or odors, which can provoke nausea and vomiting. A number of common viral or bacteria infections, collectively known as gastroenteritis, can also cause nausea and vomiting. These are unrelated to pregnancy, but are quite common and can happen to anyone. Finally, vomiting can in rare cases be a symptoms of a serious pregnancy complication, called preeclampsia. This is a condition in which the blood pressure is elevated and other symptoms include headache, swelling in the feet, and seizures. This is a medical emergency which must be treated by your OB/GYN doctor. As always, it is never possible to arrive at an accurate diagnosis without being examined by a physician. You should discuss these symptoms with your physician as soon as possible.

Nearby OB-GYNs