"After uterus surgery, can a woman still conceive?"

I was just diagnosed with uterine fibroids, and my doctor recommended surgery to treat them. How will this affect my chances of conceiving later in life? I'm only 25 and I still want to have kids. Am I better off with one kind of treatment or another, in terms of maintaining my fertility?
Uterine fibroids are unfortunately a common condition--talk with your doctor to help answer these questions. The issues of fertility come up quite often and your ob/gyn or primary doctor should help answer all of your questions/concerns. To answer your question it depends what happens to the uterus--it is essentially impossible for a woman without a uterus to have a pregnancy come to full term. The process of gestation in humans is (in brief)--an egg is released from the ovary, followed by fertilization--where the sperm and egg meet in the fallopian tube. The fallopian tube connects the ovary to the uterus and it is here in the uterus where the fertilized egg (egg+sperm) are implanted and grow for 9 months. Without a uterus the pregnancy has not place to implant and grow. However removing the uterus only happens is severe fibroids. The other options are surgical removal or embolization (where just the blood supply is cut off). How these options would effect the uterus depends on where the fibroids are. Fibroids on the outside of the uterus means the surgeon would not have to enter the uterine cavity--and therefore have very little effect on pregnancy. If the fibroids are on the inner lining of the uterus--then the surgeon would have to cut into the uterus. In this case the pregnancy rate could be affected. How much it is affected would be based on size and location of the fibroids. It would not necessarily mean you would be infertile. You need to talk to your ob/gyn to further understand the risks based on your specific fibroids. Also note, the surgery may also increase your risk for ectopic pregnancy. Talk to your ob/gyn about these issues. Beyond your fertility risks, there are also other reproductive options to consider.