Do skin tags shape in size?

I had what I thought was a tick in my armpit that I couldn't get rid of, but my doctor said it was actually a skin tag, and to leave it alone. That was months ago. Now I have this other weird growth on my neck. It looks sort of like a skin tag, but it's much larger and shaped really differently. Is it a skin tag too?
The diagnosis and evaluation of skin tags (or acrochordons) is done with the assistance of specialists such as internists, dermatologists, and others. Acrochordons are normal, benign outgrowths of skin. They are very common and occur in approximately 25% of adults and the prevalence increases with age. There tends to be a familial predilection but some systemic diseases can be associated with acrochordons, such as inflammatory bowel disease. Generally, acrochordons tend to occur at sites of friction (such as the armpit, neck, under the breasts, and in the groin region). Their blood supply can get cut off and turn black or red. Size and shape can certainly vary and if they occur in one place, they certainly can occur in another region. Other, more rare lesions, such as neurofibromas or a pedunculated dermal nevus can have a similar appearance but this can be differentiated based on appearance by a dermatologist. Removal is only indicated if they are unsightly or itch. They can be removed with surgical excision, cryosurgery with liquid nitrogen, or electrodessication. However, despite removal, there is a good chance that new acrochordons may form in the region. It is not possible to make a diagnosis or treatment plan without seeing the patient. Therefore, it is the strong recommendation to seek a referral to a dermatologist to be evaluated in person.