What skin creams work to even out skin tone?

I'm a young woman, and my face is pretty blotchy from too many hours of sun exposure on the beach. Are there skin creams that can even out skin tone without staining? Every tone cream I've seen so far is an artificial tan of some sort ? which is not what I'm going for.
Sun damage to the skin of the face is a common problem and there are many popular products which are marketed as treatments for this problem. Physicians who would be qualified to discuss this issue with you include your primary care doctor or your dermatologist. Sun damage causes premature aging of the skin, with the emergence of wrinkles and blotches and a higher risk of skin cancer. The most important treatment for this condition is avoiding further damage to the skin! This means limited your future exposure to the sun through limiting activities such as sun bathing. It also means making sure to always where a high quality sunscreen lotion when you go outside and keeping the skin moisturized with a good skin care lotion. The majority of non-tanning skin toners actually work by applying strong chemicals to the skin and bleaching dark areas. Obviously this has the potential to cause additional damage and aging to the skin. Therefore, they should be avoided in persons who already have skin damage! As always, the diagnosis and the management of your specific condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Scheduling an office visit with your primary care doctor or your dermatologist is highly recommended.