What causes testicle and lower back pain?

I'm a middle-aged guy, and I've started feeling an ache both in my testicles, and in my lower back. Is there any way they could be related? I know they're probably not, but I'm just covering all my bases. Whatever this is, how should I treat them both? What sort of problems am I looking at?
The evaluation of testicular pain should involve the care of urologists and the evaluation of back pain should involve the care of physical therapy physicians, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, and pain specialists. Independently, testicular pain and low back pain can be from a number of different causes. There are also several causes that may be associated with the two symptoms together. Such symptoms, given your age, could be from kidney stones (nephrolithiasis) that may be causing obstructing symptoms leading to your discomfort. Testicular torsion is possible and can lead to similar symptoms but this is typically a medical emergency. Abdominal wall hernias, such as inguinal hernias, can cause this are quite common in your age group. Problems in the back leading to nerve damage can cause this type of pain. Rarely, cancers can cause these symptoms, such as lymphoma, but this should be evaluated. The treatment plan would vary substantially based on the diagnosis. Kidney stones may be managed conservatively or with non-invasive or invasive procedures. Torsion requires surgery, as well as abdominal wall hernias. Back problems can be treated with medication, physical therapy, and sometimes surgery. It is not possible to come with a treatment plan without seeing the patient, therefore it is the strong recommendation to request a referral to an internist and urologist for further evaluation.

Other Urologists