Is vertigo common during pregnancy?

I'm 9 months pregnant, due to give birth in just a few weeks ? and I'm worried about several attacks of vertigo I've had in the last few days. Is there a reason a pregnant woman would be liable to get vertigo, or is it possible that something's really wrong with me? Of course, what I'm really scared of is that something's wrong with the baby.
Vertigo is a common complaint during pregnancy. The attacks are usually short lived and do not last the whole 9 months. Causes of vertigo in pregnancy include all the same causes in people that are not pregnant. In addition, pregnant women can experience small temporary changes in blood flow to there brain (since your body is delivering blood to a larger amount of tissue) which can result in attacks in vertigo. These attacks should not be severe, and they should be only intermittent. Another cause that is common in pregnant and non-pregnant people is Benign Positional Vertigo (BPV). This type of vertigo is largely positional (you only feel it while in a certain body position). If you experience any hearing changes during the episodes, you should call your doctor right away. The good news is that attacks of vertigo are not consistent with s problem with your baby. This biggest risk there is the risk of falling and injuring yourself during an attack. My advice if that you bring the issue up with your OBGYN. You should have an appointment with him or her weekly now that you are nearly due. He or she may or may not decide to run any tests since you are so close to your due date. Good luck, I hope the delivery goes well.