Can fusarium infection spread between nails?

If I have a fusarium infection on one of my fingernails, what are the chances it will be able to move freely to other fingernails (or other people's fingernails)? Is there a way I can treat it to ensure that it doesn't spread?
Infections of the nails are one of the most common reasons for people to seek medical advice. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you include your primary care doctor and your dermatologist. Fusarium is a species of fungus that normally lives in the soil. It is one of several types of fungus that can cause infections of the finger and toe nails. Fungal infections are highly contagious. Minimizing spread to other nails and to other people is important. You can accomplish this with good hand washing practices, frequent changes of socks, shoes and other clothing that comes in contact with the infected area. Furthermore, it is important to consider definitive treatment. Most fungal infections of nails do not resolve on their own nor with topical anti fungal creams and they generally require treatment with oral antifungal medications. There are several different anti fungal medications available and your doctor will be able to discuss which one is right for you. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor might be advised.