Why do whiteheads appear on earlobes?

I'm in my late 20s, and my acne has mostly cleared up, but there are still some problem areas. Strangely enough, my earlobes are one of those problem areas. Why do my earlobes attract whiteheads?
Acne is one of the most common reasons for people to seek medical advice. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you include your primary care doctor or your dermatologist. Whiteheads are a form of acne that forms when skin pores become clogged with dead skin debris and closed off, allowing skin oils and bacteria to build up forming a white material. Whiteheads can appear on any part of the body, although they are more common on the face. There is no particular reason that would make them appear preferentially on the earlobes. It is possible that, while you have been diligent in the application of your skin and acne treatments to the face, you have not performed the same regimen on the ears, leading to the predilection. The best approach would simply be to use the same acne treatments there as well and see if things clear up. It is also import to exclude infections of any ear piercings that may look like acne whiteheads but are not. As always the diagnosis and the management of your specific skin concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit if symptoms persist might be advised.