Is there any way to get rid of chicken pox scars?

Is there any way to get rid of chicken pox scars? I have a rash of scars near my ear and eye that I got when I was a kid. Now I'm in my 20s and I want to heal up these pitted spots, but I don't know if it's possible. I've read stuff about silicone gel treatment. Does anything work?
The first step toward improving the appearance of scars on the face is to keep your skin healthy. Eating a diet high in antioxidants, using a facial moisturizer, using sun screen, and limiting your sun exposure can all keep the skin looking more youthful. Subsequently, some spas will offer facials with a chemical peel. This removes the outer layer of skin, leaving the skin underneath tauter and more youthful appearing. This may improve the look of your scars. The next options include microabrasion treatment or laser therapy. Laser therapy in particular can be effective, but it is costly and usually requires multiple treatments. Both methods are offered only by specialized practitioners. The lost option is surgical excision of the scar. This is reserved only for large, very unsightly, or deformed scars. As always, the diagnosis and the management of your particular skin concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Scheduling an office visit with your dermatologist is recommended.