Can removing the gallbladder cause one to sweat a lot?

My wife recently had to get her gallbladder removed because of chronic gallstone difficulties. Ever since then, she has been sweating profusely. She is worried it's a side effect of the surgery, but I'm thinking it could just be the extra exertion she has to do now that she has the surgical wound. Is sweating a real side effect or is it in her head?
As you most likely know, the gall bladder's job is to store bile which is used in the process of digesting fats. After removal, the main problem patients face is indigestion and diarrhea after a fatty meal. Sweating is not a typical side effect of having your gall bladder removed. Sweating occurs can occur during times of increased body heat, or during times of catecholamine surge, a natural body reaction to pain, anxiety, or danger. Therefore, it is possible that your wife's sweating episodes are related to pain that she is experiencing associated with the operation itself. If your wife is not reporting any pain symptoms, then it is most likely unrelated to the surgery. Other causes of excessive, non-exertional sweating include menopause and heart blockages. If your wife is at an age where menopause is possible, then this is something you should consider. If she is having other symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath, then she a stress test could be considered by her physician. Because there are other causes of sweating that can be worrisome, I suggest that you have your wife checked out by a qualified health care professional. He or she can rule in or rule out different possibilities by doing a quick history and exam or perhaps some blood and urine tests. Good luck.