What would cause red bumps to form between belly button and groin?

What could cause small red bumps to rise up between the navel and the groin? I'm a guy, age 21, and I've had these bumps for a few months now. At first I thought they might just be pimples, but they're not coming to a head or going away. How should I get rid of them?
Skin rashes are one of the most common reasons that people seek medical advice. The doctors who will be best qualified to discuss this issue with you in detail include your primary care doctor and your dermatologist. There are several causes of this. One cause is simply irritation of the skin, say from sweating, moisture, and chafing from the skin leading to a rash. The treatment of this would simply include keeping the skin clean and dry and avoiding clothing that chafes. Another possibility are ingrown hairs, which occur when the hair shaft growth back into the pore. This can lead to persistent bumps that are red and swollen but may not come to a head. Sometimes the hair shaft can be teased out with a tweezers, whereas sometimes acne treatments can be of benefit by cleansing the skin and removing debris. Sometimes bed bug bites or scabies infections can have a similar appearance. Here, the bites are usually quite itchy and may appear on other parts of the body. Your doctor can diagnosis these conditions and determine if there are special treatments required. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor or dermatologist might be advised.