Are there any treatments for sun allergies that don't involve drugs?

I'm 21 and was just diagnosed with a sun allergy. I'm glad to get diagnosed - it explains a lot - but the treatments recommended by the doctors all involve crazy, unnatural drugs that I don't trust at all. Are there natural treatments I could use? Herbal drugs or food remedies?
Sun allergy is not the most common form of skin allergy, but it can be very distressing and uncomfortable. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you include your primary care doctor or your dermatologist. Sun allergy is caused by a sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet rays in sunshine, leading to redness, itching, and scaling. The most important, and natural treatments for sun allergy are the following: severely limit your exposure to direct sunlight, as this will worsen the allergy; make sure that you always apply a very strong sun screen before going outdoors at all times; use clothing that covers your arms, neck, and other sensitive areas; wear a hat with a brim to protect your face at all times; and keep your skin supple with a good skin moisturizer. Additionally, simple over the counter medications can be helpful. For example, if you have itching a over the counter antihistamine cream or pill can be very helpful, as can mild over the counter steroid creams. As always, the diagnosis and the management of your particular skin concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Scheduling an office visit with your primary care doctor or your dermatologist is highly recommended.