Do laser treatments help reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes?

I've had dark circles under my eyes since I was a teenager (I'm 31 now), and I have really reached the limit of my patience with them. Is it possible to use laser treatments to get rid of the dark circles? It doesn't seem healthy to always be using copious makeup to cover up the problem, either.
Dark circles under the eyes can be a big cosmetic problem for some people. The doctors who are best qualified to discuss this issue with you include your primary care doctor and your dermatologist. The first approach to dark circles under the eyes to rule out and treat any general medical conditions that could be causing them. There are not many of these, but nasal allergies and eczema or skin allergies are two easily treated conditions. The next step is to limit further damage to the skin, as dark circles are often worsened by the darkening spots or thinning skin that are the results, for example, of too much sun exposure. Using a good skin moisturizer, using sun screen, and avoiding sunbathing are all helpful. Finally, if these measure do not work, then you will have to discuss the situation with a dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon. There are a number of potential medical approaches, including prescription creams, chemical peels, laser therapy, or occasionally injection of collagen or other skin fillers. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular skin concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Scheduling an office visit with your primary care doctor or your dermatologist is recommended.

Nearby Dermatologists