Can one get pregnant after a partial hysterectomy?

Can a woman get pregnant if she has had a partial hysterectomy? I haven't actually had the procedure yet, but my doctor is saying that it may be necessary to go after a uterine tumor I have. I'm not ready to give up on the idea of having children, though.
Hysterectomy is a type of operation that removes the uterus. Removal of the uterus by definition means that it is no longer possible to become pregnant. This include partial hysterectomy. A partial hysterectomy simply means that although the uterus is removed the cervix is left in place. This is often a preferred approach because there is less risk of prolapsing of the vagina afterwards and because some women feel their sex life is better with the cervix left in place. However, leaving the cervix in place is not an option if the reason for the hysterectomy is for treating cervical cancer. After a partial hysterectomy, because the cervix is left in place, there might be some mucus discharge from the cervical glands but because there is no uterus there will be no menstruation. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concerns will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your OB / GYN doctor is recommended.