How do a partial and full hysterectomy differ?

I'm 31 and I was just diagnosed with uterine cancer. Now the doctor's making an assessment to determine whether a partial or full hysterectomy will be necessary. What is the difference? How do they compare in terms of long term risk, cost and benefits, etc?
Hysterectomy refers to a type of operation that removes the uterus. There are two types of hysterectomies, the total hysterectomy in which the entire uterus and cervix are removed and the partial hysterectomy in which the uterus is removed but the cervix is left in place. Both operations are similar in terms of cost. The recovery time mostly depends on whether a vaginal or abdominal incision is used, and both options can be used with both types of hysterectomy. A partial hysterectomy is preferred by some women because ability to achieve orgasm and preserved sexual function is less of an issue. On the other hand, a partial hysterectomy does leave in the cervix so it is not an option in cases where the uterus is being removed for cervical cancer. As always the management of your particular concerns will require a physical examination by and discussion with your personal physician. Discussing your questions in detail with the surgeon who will perform the operation is advised.