What causes myoma?

I just found out I have a myoma, and I understand that it'll probably go away on its own. But I'm still worried about it - what causes myoma? How can I make sure to avoid getting another one? Is it an issue of diet or lifestyle, and can I prevent them that way?
Myomas are a common medical problem among women. The doctors who will be qualified to discuss this with you in greater detail include your primary care doctor and your OB / GYN doctor. Myomas, or leiomyomas or fibroids as they are also known, are benign tumors in the muscular layer of the uterus. They are extremely common, occurring in approximately 50% of women at the age of 40. They generally do not require any treatment, as they are benign. Also, they are not specifically related to diet or lifestyle and so there is little you can do to prevent them from that standpoint. Occasionally, fibroids can cause pain or heavy bleeding with menstrual periods or they can interfere with normal fertility. These would be indications to consider medical treatment. Treatment options can include both various medications, including birth control pills, which may help to regulate the symptoms. If these options do not work, there are also surgical options, such as removing the fibroid or even at times the entire uterus. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Scheduling an office visit with your OB / GYN doctor is recommended.