How often do we generate new skin?

How often do our bodies generate new skin? I stained my hands with spray - on tanning product, and I'm pretty sure I'm only going to be able to wait this out until my body replaces the old, stained cells. I've heard that every 7 years everything is replaced. True?
Questions about the health of the skin are some of the most common reasons that people seek medical advice. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you in greater detail include your primary care doctor. The skin is one of the most metabolically active parts of the body, and the body is turning over skin, hair, and nail cells on a daily basis. When you stain the surface of the skin, you are usually just staining several of the outer, dead cell layers in the epidermis, or outermost layer, of the skin. As you say, the staining will resolve when these cell layers turn over. The good news is that this will not take 7 years! At most it should take a few weeks. You can hasten along the process by washing the area with an exfoliating soap treatment, as this will scrub off some of the dead cells more quickly than just waiting for them to fall off on their own. As always, the diagnosis and the management of your particular skin concern would require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor might be indicated.

Nearby Dermatologists