Does vaginal discharge increase during pregnancy?

I'm four months pregnant and I don't think I'm imagining this- my vaginal discharge seems to have really increased. Is that typical of pregnancy, or is it perhaps a bad sign? I'm 22 and this is my first child, so I don't really know what to expect and I'd rather not ask my doctor about this.
Pregnancy induces many normal changes in the way a woman's body functions, and some of this can be quite concerning to the woman at first. The doctors who are best qualified to discuss this issue in detail with you include your primary care doctor or your OB / GYN doctor. The short answer to your question is, Yes! There is a thin, milky-colored vaginal discharge called leukorrhea which is completely normal. This occurs in all women, but it often picks up a lot in pregnant women due to the changes in the mucosal lining of the vagina caused by the pregnancy. This is completely healthy and normal and does not need treatment. Other forms of vaginal discharge can be abnormal however. For example, if you notice a grayish, greenish, or yellow discharge with a foul or fishy odor, this could be a sign of a vaginal infection. Also, if you experience blood-tinged discharge or a leakage of clear liquid, these could be urgent signs of problems with the pregnancy. As always, the diagnosis and the management of your particular concern would require a physical examination by your personal physician. Scheduling an office visit with your OB / GYN doctor is recommended.