How do pimples and coldsores differ?

What is the difference between a pimple and a cold sore? I had what I thought was a pimple at the corner of my mouth, but when I popped it all that came out was like a clear liquid. Is this a 'blister' type cold sore as opposed to the pimple that it looked like? It also took way longer to heal.
Skin conditions are difficult to diagnose with just descriptions. Physicians that diagnose and treat skin conditions can be a primary care physician such as a family doctor or a specialist such as a dermatologist In this case it sounds like you had a blister. Pimples usually do not emit clear fluid. This is because pimples are usually collections of sebum, a natural human oil that is either white or dark depending on the type of poor it inhabits. A blister can have many causes, but one of them is a cold sore. Cold sores are caused by an infection with the virus Herpes Simplex Virus usually type 1. Breakouts can occur when patient's immune system is worn down by stress, lack of sleep, or some other reason. Cold sores go away on their own but can recur. For this reasons some patients choose to have them treated with an antiviral medication. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician to discuss this issue. He or she can take a look at your skin issue and determine what exactly it is. This way you know which mode of treatment is best for you. Good luck.