What are vascular masses?

I've been reading a lot in a forum online and now I'm pretty confident that I've got a vascular mass. What causes vascular masses? I'm a 45 year old man, not in great health, lifelong smoker - probably risk factors, but how do I treat it and avoid getting more vascular masses?
Your question indicates that you need to see a physician, and also helps to illustrate the pitfalls of answering questions over the internet instead of visiting a physician. While I am not sure exactly what you mean by a "vascular mass," it is clear that you have multiple risk factors that can contribute to poor health and quality of life, and these should be addressed with a physician regularly. A vascular mass (when spoken to a physician) would be something growing on, near, or involving vasculature. Blood vessels comprise the vasculature of the body, and anything involving these would be a vascular mass. As there are obviously blood vessels throughout your entire body, any lump or bump that you are feeling could be a vascular mass. Without more information (at least the location of this "vascular mass"), it is difficult to say anything more than that. Now, there are some "vascular masses" that would be more urgent than others. If your mass gives you pain, "purrs" like a cat, or you feel a pulsatile mass in your abdomen and have a family history of aortic aneurysms, those would be just a few significant issues. But regardless of the specifics, it is clear that you have poor health, and you have health questions. Please see a physician soon to address all of these issues, including your vascular mass.

Nearby Family Physicians

Other Family Physicians