What are the symptoms of Chlamydia?

How exactly do you tell if a person has chlamydia or not? I had unprotected sex and I am now running into some strange discharge from my penis which I have never seen before - there's no other problem and it comes and goes, but I think the person I had sex with used to have chlamydia so I'm worried.
Concerns about sexually transmitted disease are one of the most common reasons that people seek medical advice. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you include your primary care doctor. Chlamydia is a bacteria that is one of the most common causes of sexually transmitted infections. The symptoms of Chlamydia in men can range from no symptoms to pain with urination and discharge from the tip of the penis. Many people who become infected with Chlamydia are also infected with gonorrhea, as the two infections run together. The diagnosis of Chlamydia and gonorrhea is simple, requiring just an examination and a quick urine test in your doctor's office. If you are positive, you will require treatment with antibiotics to remove the infection. While you have doubts about infection you should not have sex until you finish the treatment to avoid potentially infecting others. In the future, it will be very important to avoid having unprotected sex. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor as soon as possible is strongly advised.