What is outpouching of the rectum?

What exactly is 'outpouching' of the rectum? I have some kind of tissue or mass around my anus - I don't like to touch it so I don't even really know - but I have read that when your rectum is 'outpouching' that it can be a sign that you have really damaged your anus or rectum. How do I know if I have this?
There are two mostly likely causes of the finding that you report. The first, and most likely, is an external hemorrhoid. Hemorrhoids are veins of the anus and rectum that become dilated over time. They can bulge out of the rectum and they can become painful and even bleed. If they are asymptomatic they do not require treatment, but if they bother you are become painful you should discuss potential options for removal with your doctor. The other likely cause are anal warts. These are a sexually transmitted infection caused by the human papilloma virus. They are fleshy and attached on a broad base and usually painless. They can be contracted without having anal sex. They require medical evaluation because the predispose to a higher risk for anal cancer later in life. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor is highly advised.